Law Office of
Michelle R. Burrows P.C.
Ms. Burrows has over 30 years of experience as a litigator in state and federal court. She specializes in representing individuals who were harmed by the unlawful actions of the government, with a particular focus on police agencies and prison facilities. Her experience includes:
- Medical cases including a class action lawsuit representing 1) prisoners with Hepatitis C who were not given the standard-of-care treatment, which has a 95% cure rate, and were instead treated with an inferior protocol, and 2) the prisoners who contracted the disease due to exposure to infected prisoners who were not given proper medical treatment.
- Violation of prisoner rights cases.
- Unlawful police use of force cases.
- Unlawful imprisonment cases.
- Malicious prosecution cases.
- Plaintiff's medical malpractice claims.
- Consultation with lawyers nationwide on civil rights issues.
Ms. Burrows primarily practices in Oregon, but has also appeared in Washington, California, Michigan, Idaho and Arkansas. She only represents plaintiffs.